Brawlhalla‘s update 3.58 is now live, its patch notes revealing the addition of Onyx as a new playable Legend, balance changes and more.
Update 3.58‘s balance changes alter some of Brawlhalla‘s Legends including Cassidy, Dusk and Jhala.
Brawlhalla Update 3.58 Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions introduced to Brawlhalla in update 3.58, as per its full patch notes:
New Legend – Onyx
- Weapons: Cannon, Gauntlets
- Stats: 5 Strength, 4 Dexterity, 8 Defense, 5 Speed
- Valhalla is now Onyx’s castle and she defends it with ruthless intensity.
- Onyx enters with 3 new Skins: Soulbound Onyx, Guardian Onyx, Project-0NYX
Cannon Update Has Graduated!
The Experimental Cannon kit has been graduated into the live game! The new Neutral Light, Side Light, and Down Air are now part of the base Cannon kit, providing their extra priority and explosive blasts to all Cannon Legends. See the Balance section for the final list of adjustments made to these new attacks.
The new moves are as follows from left to right: Down Air, Side Light, Neutral Light.
Updated Brawlhaven Art
We’ve updated the background map and platform art of Brawlhaven! Themed after the mythical location of Dragonport, the art features a landscape of floating rocks and a viking ship flying in the blue skies.
Brawl of the Week – Temple Climb
- New Climb Game Mode
- 4-Player FFA
- Climb the map as you battle your opponents!
- Beware: pressure plates activate traps.
- Score the most points to win!
- Find the New Legend, Onyx, and her three Skins!
- We’re rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
- Axe Side Light: Increased Time to Hit from 12 to 13; Increased Recover time on miss from 5 Fixed/12 Variable to 5 Fixed/14 Variable.
- Axe Neutral Air: Decreased Stun from 27 to 25.
- Axe Side Air: Increased Force from 71 Fixed/42 Variable to 75 Fixed/43 Variable.
- Axe Down Air: Decreased Force of the aerial version from 45 Fixed/30 Variable to 40 Fixed/27 Variable.
- Blasters Down Air: Changed Force from 40 Fixed/38 Variable to 65 Fixed/26 Variable; Angle of knockback is now slightly more vertical.
- Blasters Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 16 to 15.
- Graduated Cannon Neutral Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 2 Fixed/9 Variable to 3 Fixed/9 Variable.
- Graduated Cannon Side Light: Increased Force from 90 Fixed/7 Variable to 90 Fixed/17 Variable; Slightly reduced maximum horizontal threat coverage.
- Graduated Cannon Down Air: Increased Force of the aerial version from 14 Fixed/40 Variable to 20 Fixed/44 Variable; Increased Force of the grounded version from 14 Fixed/30 Variable to 20 Fixed/44 Variable; Slightly reduced maximum vertical threat coverage of the aerial version.
- Gauntlets Side Light: The Damage of this attack is now more focused toward the end of its Hit Window.
- Gauntlets Recovery: Increased Stun from 22 to 26; Increased Force from a range of 45 Fixed/48~35 Variable to a range of 50 Fixed/50~40 Variable.
- Hammer Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 20 to 17.
- Hammer Neutral Air: Decreased Damage from 22 to 20.
- Rocket Lance Side Light: Increased Damage from 10 to 11.
- Rocket Lance Down Light: Decreased Damage from 20 to 17; Decreased Stun from 21 to 20.
- Rocket Lance Neutral Air: Decreased Stun from a range of 33~28 to a range of 31~26.
- Rocket Lance Side Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 1 Fixed/13 Variable to 3 Fixed/13 Variable.
- Scythe Neutral Light: Increased Stun from a range of 20~16 to a range of 21~17.
- Spear Neutral Air: Increased Time to Hit from 14 to 15; Increased Recover time from 6 Fixed/17 Variable to 7 Fixed/17 Variable; Decreased Damage from 16 to 15.
- Spear Recovery: Decreased Time to Hit from 16 to 15.
- Unarmed Neutral Light: Increased Force from 45 Fixed/31 Variable to 52 Fixed/31 Variable.
- Unarmed Side Air: Increased Recover time on miss from 2 Fixed/14 Variable to 5 Fixed/14 Variable.
- Unarmed Down Air: Changed Force from 39 Fixed/25 Variable to 65 Fixed/5 Variable.
- Cassidy Neutral Blasters: Decreased Force from 65 Fixed/57 Variable to 65 Fixed/53 Variable; Increased Minimum Charge time from 6 to 8.
- Cassidy Side Hammer: Increased Recover time from 10 to 13.
- Dusk Side Spear: Increased Force from 68 Fixed/50 Variable to 68 Fixed/53 Variable.
- Jhala Neutral Sword: Increased Minimum Charge time from 9 to 10.
- Jhala Down Sword: Decreased Damage from 29 to 26.
- Jiro Neutral Sword: Increased Force from 50 Fixed/51 Variable to 56 Fixed/54 Variable.
- Jiro Side Sword: Increased Force from 55 Fixed/54 Variable to 60 Fixed/55 Variable.
- Jiro Down Sword: Increased Force from 50 Fixed/50 Variable to 55 Fixed/52 Variable.
- Lord Vraxx Down Lance: Decreased Force from 68 Fixed/61 Variable to 65 Fixed/56 Variable; Increased Recover time on miss from 12 to 14.
- Lord Vraxx Neutral Blasters: Increased Minimum Charge time from 4 to 6.
- Orion Side Lance: Decreased Force from 70 Fixed/53 Variable to 66 Fixed/50 Variable.
- Orion Neutral Lance: Decreased Force from 60 Fixed/65 Variable to 60 Fixed/60 Variable.
- Ulgrim Neutral Lance: Increased Force from 55 Fixed/53 Variable to 58 Fixed/56 Variable.
- Vector Side Bow: Decreased Recover time on miss from 14 to 12.
- Vector Neutral Rocket Lance: Decreased Recover time of the aerial version from 16 to 14. The Recover time of the wall version is unchanged.
- Volkov Down Scythe: Increased Recover time on miss from 10 to 15; Increased Cooldown on miss from 18 to 21.
- Volkov Neutral Scythe: Decreased maximum vertical and rear threat coverage throughout the attack.
- The respawn points and item spawn areas on The Enigma are now more evenly spread out and follow the moving platforms.
- Updated the player and item spawns on Lost Labyrinth to better match the movement of the platforms.
- Demon Island: Decreased height of the knockout boundary to be closer in line with other 1v1 maps.
- Fixed an issue where playing the Climb game mode with more than 4 players and with teams on could result in multiple players’ using the same spawn point on their first spawn.
- Hattori Down Spear: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit.
- Fixed some body layering issues with the Gauntlet platforming & base kit animation.
- Fixed layering issues on charged Cannon throw animation.
- Fixed some animation & body part layering issues with Unarmed Neutral, Side, & Down light attacks.
- Fixed character asset layering issues with the Flex and Facepalm Taunts.